Seed Lawn Preparation
Getting ready for the grass planting, giving the seed grass the best start.
Spray Grass – New Lawn Fast at a Fraction of the Cost of Turf.
Good preparation will get you great results. This is good preparation work.
Of all the ways that Hydro Spray Grass can be used to your advantage they all take some preparation for the process to be successful.
MOST IMPORTANT: GRASS NEEDS DIRT TO GROW IN.
NO SOIL = NO GRASS.
COMPACT SOIL = LITTLE GRASS GROWTH AND POOR QUALITY
POOR DEPTH OF SOIL = POOR QUALITY GRASS
RECOMMENDED SOIL DEPTH = 150mm to 200mm
LATEST IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PREPARATION !!
Be sure to use a good DIRT mix as the top soil. I find that if you are buying a top soil from a landscape yard then ask them to make a mix of Sandy Loam and Underturf Mix, 50 / 50. The Sandy Loam is great for grass roots to hold on to and the Underturf has organic matter that holds water.
NICE AND LOOSE AND FLUFFY DIRT LETS THE NEW GRASS ROOTS DIG DEEP QUICKLY TO ESTABLISH YOUR LAWN.
Hydro Spray Grass is easier to establish than turf. Turf will be very stubborn when laid down on different soil to that in which it was grown. Grass coming from Hydro Spray Grass is happy to live where it is sprayed. The dirt at your place IS the world to it and so long as it is deep enough to allow the little roots to go deep to find moisture, it will be happy and grow.
Preparation for New Lawn or Lawn Repair.
- IF THERE ARE WEEDS – KILL THEM
- SCRAPE OFF ANY VEGETATION (IF POISONED, WAIT FOR IT TO DIE FIRST)
- ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ENOUGH DEPTH OF USABLE SOIL ( about 150mm to 200 mm and NOT packed hard )
- IF SOIL IS PACKED HARD, BREAK IT UP AND TURN IT OVER. A ROTARY HOE IS THE BEST FOR THIS. REASON – NEW PLANTS NEED OXYGEN AND COMPACTED SOIL WILL NOT HOLD ANY.
- USE A GOOD QUALITY TOP SOIL TO PUT A NICE SMOOTH FINISH TO THE AREA. ( RECOMMENDED TO USE TOP SOIL – SANDY LOAM AND UNDERTURF MIX )
NOW THE GROUND IS READY FOR THE HYDROMULCH AND YOUR NEW LAWN.
For a full and detailed Lawn Preparation Guide please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send it to you.